Nothing In My Bag...





Nothing in My Bag Today
Today I did math and science, 
I toasted bread,

I halved and quartered, counted, measured, used my eyes, and ears & head.

I added and subtracted on the way
and used a magnet, blocks, and memory tray,
I learned about a rainbow and how to weigh.

So please don't say, “Anything in your bag today?”
You see I'm sharing as I play.

I learned to listen and speak clearly when I talk,
to wait my turn and when inside to walk.

I learned to put my thoughts into a phrase,
to guide a crayon through a maze. 


I learned to find my name and write it down,
to do it with a smile and not a frown.

To put my painting brush away,
so please don't say, “What? Nothing in your bag today?”

I've learned about a snail and worm,
I remembered how to take my turn.

I helped a friend when he was stuck,
learned that water rolls off a duck.


I looked at words from left to right.
And agreed to differ not to fight.

So please don't say,

No comments

Back to Top